Verona Park: A Wonderland of Culture, History and Fun
Verona Park is located in the town of Verona, NJ and is a part of the Essex County park system. The picturesque park features 54 acres bordered by a beautiful lake. This lovely community park brings you all the features that you need to stay active
How Verona Park NJ became the wondrous attraction it is today
In the early 1800s, the river was dammed, forming a lake. Soon, weeping willows lined the grounds. Verona became the perfect destination for families and individuals who love playing in a natural outdoor playground.
Come visit Verona NJ—a wonderful experience awaits you
After Verona’s transformation, the Essex park system added some family-friendly attractions.
- Environmental Center: Kids and adults alike will love the butterflies, bees, Lenape education, canoeing and kayaking. There’s even a gardening club for children.
- Riker Hill Art Park: This park has 38 studios for artists to display their paintings, pottery, sculpture and photography.
- South Mountain Recreational Complex: In addition to zip lining and mini golf, families will love the Turtle Back Zoo. Cute, exotic wild animals are sure to please every member of the family.
- Kid’s Castle Park: A real-life castle! There are guided tours, bird watching and fantastic views of New York City.
- Cultural and Historical Affairs: This organization recognizes the need for cultural and historic education. Learn about the history of Verona, see native art and listen to locals play orchestral arrangements.
Verona Park—your next New Jersey destination
There is so much to do here and something for everyone in the family to do and enjoy. To ensure the best New Jersey experience, make sure your visit to Verona Park is coupled with a stay at The Wilshire Grand. You’ll have a luxurious and relaxed stay in one of our beautiful suites. It will be the perfect end to a truly fun-filled day.